please support my hair donation drive!
download the form bleow to send with your donation and include a note on it about this blog’s drive.
send your donations directly to locks of love at:
2925 10th Avenue N
Lake Worth, FL 33461-3099
email me a photo of your donation and new ‘do and i’ll give you your own blog post and feature you on this page!
guidelines for acceptable donations:
- hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
- hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. if unsure, ask your stylist. we are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process.
- hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
- hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. if shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
- we cannot accept dreadlocks. our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. we also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
- layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
- curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.